Come and visit our booth at the Calgary Women’s Show on April 11 & 12 at the BMO Centre Calgary! http://calgarywomansshow.com/
On March 15 2015, Every Woman Foundation Calgary was proud to support and partner with the Syrian Women’s Club of Calgary in this educational fundraiser promoting awareness of the situation in Syria, Syrian Culture, and cross cultural awareness and communication. Thanks to Major Sponsor Downtown Rotary Club of Calgary and to Ghada Alatrash and the Syrian Women’s Club of Calgary for planning this important event.
Every Saturday from February 28- March 21, 14 women in Calgary came together for the writing course, created and taught by Yvonne Jeffrey, former editor of Hers Magazine (Calgary Herald) and author. The purpose of the course was to find your own voice, improve communication and self confidence. Click here for further dates in 2015 for the Writing Course.
Every Woman Foundation Calgary, Edmonton and Sydney Festivals will not be taking place in 2015 as the Foundation in Canada and Australia moves forward to grow our outreach programs and modify our structure. The Festivals will be back in 2016! Coming up, Calgary will launch it’s free public writing program series on 28th February. CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON THE WRITING PROGRAM
Our 2014 Wrap up!
- Every Woman Festival Edmonton 2014 raised over $18,005.75 for WIN House Edmonton and was attended by over 400
- Every Woman Festival Calgary 2014 raised $6,544.00 with 50% going towards our events and 50% donated to The Heart & Stroke Foundation of Alberta and was attended by over 300
- Outreach Programs: Songpals is running successfully in Calgary, group classes running weekly in Servants Anonymous Society of Calgary, and children’s classes and one on one teen mentorship monthly in Ronald MacDonald House. Well done to our Songpals leaders Justine Tyrell and Celia Rose, and their teams including Sholley Powell and Sophie Serafino. Justine Tyrell was also awarded Volunteer of the Year for her service at RMH. Songpals took place over weekly 90 minute sessions at Servants Anonymous Society from January – current, and monthly at Ronald MacDonald House Calgary.
- Every Woman Foundation was incorporated in Boston, MA, USA.
- We screened the educational documentary Misrepresentation – an educational documentary from The Representation Project, a movement that uses film and media content to expose injustices created by gender stereotypes and to shift people’s consciousness towards change, and hosted an outstanding speakers’ panel of industry leaders. Funds raised ($880) were divided evenly between Calgary Emergency Women’s Shelter & Servants Anonymous Society of Calgary
- EWF released a compilation CD “Be Yourself” which is still selling online, which united female performers around the globe, with much hard work by Nancy Kujawinski, Peter Malick and Sophie Serafino.
- EWF donated Christmas Concerts to Ronald MacDonald House Calgary and Edmonton!
Congratulations to our hard working team. Our Foundation is run entirely by volunteers. We aim to grow and provide more events and make our outreach initiatives more available to the public. To volunteer please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our 2015 Aims:
- Our Writing Program and Men’s Program will commence activities.
- Every Woman Festival Events in Canada, USA and Australia.
- We aim to hire an Executive Director for Canada.
- The Boston Chapter will commence activities.
- We will hold further screenings of educational documentaries that empower women, and educate about society and cause discussion about why things are the way they are.
- We will work towards holding our first teen conference in 2016 in Calgary
Last night, Joy Quilala (EWF Edmonton Committee member) and Amna Haque from Spotlight Studios Edmonton, Gifts for the kids, storytelling and singing along to Christmas Carols! Photos online now! Click here
Gifts for the kids, storytelling and singing along to Christmas Carols! Photos online now! Click here
Photos by Vanessa Neufeld- V Photographic http://vphotographic.com/